Monday, March 24, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Janna had her first swimming lessons on Thursday night. When I sent in the registration I had this fear of her screaming the whole time and made sure to look up the refund policy. The night before I tried on her swimsuit and from her screaming I thought this isn't going to work.

We got to the pool and I figured my way out around the locker-room and to the pool. She let me put her big bird swimsuit on no problem. There was a crowd of parents and children by the pool. It was the first swimlesson of the session. Janna was fine and didn't get scaried by the big group. Once we separated into the group of parent/child class Janna kept say "in" . She wanted in the pool and piratically dragged me in. Once we were told to get in she was excited. The water was very cold and took awhile to to get use to. For a few minutes she was saying "out" . Most kids had chattering teeth until their little bodies adjusted.
We did the hokie pookie song and ring around the rosie. Each child got a duck or a ball to play with and reach for. Janna loved this part. There were times that she didn't want to do the back or belly exercises but overall she was good. Janna's favorite part was sitting on the edge of the pool (in a certain spot) and kicking and splashing then sliding into the water to me. She was so cute. It was cold out of the water but she just wanted to "sit" as she repeated numerous times.
When it was time to get out she threw the biggest fit ever. She didn't want to leave. In the locker-room trying to her and me dressed was like wrestling a bear. She tried running back to the pool numerous times. She was upset the whole way home until we got to our street. She calmed down once home. This was not the problem I though we would have. I wonder how next week will go. :)

No comments: