Thursday, September 25, 2008

PawPaw


PawPaw went to be with the lord on September 18th, 2008. He was in the hospital for over 20 days. I know now after time to think and reflect that he is in a better place. I know that Pawpaw was ready to go he told mawmaw the morning he pass that he was ready to go "home". He is no longer suffering, sick, or tired. He can see and hear clear as a bell. My only wish is that he had gotten to meet Simon. His great grandson that was named after him. I know that he will meet him someday in the way off future though. The visitation was on Sunday and the furneral on Monday. It was very tough for me to see a close loved one in a coffin. Isaac was very supportive and Janna kept saying"mommy feel better". She knew I was upset. MawMaw is doing well, better than I expected, I still worry about her though. I would be so lonely. So please keep her in your prayers.


During the celebration of his life service I learned more about pawpaw, things I never knew, stories never told. I have the great memory of the weekend we went to stay/visit with them when Janna was 3 months old. We played Uno and talked. I will never forget that weekend.


Janna was good girl that weekend with minium fits. She was good during the service and patient during the visitation. At the cemetery we paid our last respects to PawPaw, as I touched the coffin, she say" I want ice mommy". My tears turned to laughter. I didn't want her to understand I now she she didn't have a clue. I am not sure if the coffin looked like a big ice bucket or cooler or if being outside after church made her think picnic.


I Love PawPaw and loved to share my love with him. I will miss him very much.

No comments: