Thursday, August 19, 2010

Friday at the Beach


Friday Morning....

I started out the morning with my favorite donut from Dunkin' Donuts and coffee, then my mom went out walking while I took a towel out to the beach to layout and read. Later my Aunt joined us and we rented chairs and an umbrella. It was so nice to look at the ocean reading a good book enjoying the sun. After a couple hours we needed a break from the sun so we went in to go get ready for lunch.


We went over to Flagler street and shopped and ate at a great little deli shop. The sandwiches were delicious.


Then we went for a drive on the beach. As we were driving down the the beach it started to down pour. It was so much fun to watch the people run to the cars and gather up their stuff as we drove by in a dry car. Here are some of pictures I took.




We parked the car and headed into the condo, unfortunately it was still storming on both sides of our beach after waiting 2 hours, so we decided to make a test drive to the airport and get dinner. Somehow the test drive too over 2 hours even though it only takes 30 min to get there, if you know us you won't be surprised. Turns out we took the wrong exit back and drove all over Daytona and New Smyrna. I took a great nap in the car though. We had dinner at Denny's and then back to the condo. We saw a black cat at the Denny's parking lot. My mom and I walked out to the beach and swam.


It was a good way to wrap the trip, we left the next morning. It was Friday the 13th after all, who can expect a perfect day. A little bump along road make the memories.

No comments: