Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cleaning -bathtub

I found this great site from pinterest on how to really deep clean your bathtub. I like my house clean and organized but the bathtub is the last thing on my list to clean and I don't try hard to get it sparkling. Well it finally got me that I couldn't get it shining and the "spot" that wouldn't come out. So I followed the directions below and I now have a very white and sparkling bathtub. I was so excited. Now if I keep up with weekly cleaning I won't have to do this for a long time.
I should have taken pictures and I thought about it, but then you would have seen my dirty secret behind the shower curtain.
Enjoy the cleaning tip:

Clean the BathTub

The first step to cleaning a bath tub is to remove all the toiletries and give it a good rinse. This will get the surface wet while rinsing some of the hair and things down the drain. If you have any deposits of soap or shampoo, try to get rid of them with water. If you have a shower curtain, remove it and wash it separately. If you have a cloth shower curtain and liner, wash it in a machine on the delicate cycle. Dry it on low or no heat. Plastic shower curtain liners have a tendency to disintegrate in the washing machine

The next step is to sprinkle baking soda over the wet surface of the tub. The moisture from the rinse helps the baking soda stick to the tub. Baking soda is an amazing cleaner, but it won't do much of anything on its own. Use a stiff scrub brush to scrub the tub. The baking soda will form a paste with the water and act as an abrasive to remove mildew and stains. Use your elbow grease and scrub the dickens out of the tub.

After you have thoroughly scrubbed the tub, dip a sponge with a green scrubby attached into some vinegar and continue scrubbing the tub. The vinegar is a disinfectant, and it will activate the baking soda to help remove stains even more. Thoroughly scrub the whole tub, concentrating on any heavy build-up areas. You may want to use gloves for this. Vinegar has a way of sticking with you.

Now give the tub another rinse and look for any spots that you may have missed. Rinse the baking soda and vinegar off the tub and see what sort of stains, if any, are left. Make sure to look closely around the drain, faucet, and shelf areas were you store your shampoo and conditioner. Filling a bucket with water to rinse the tub will be the quickest way to rinse everything down the drain.

No comments: