Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Bunny

We recently got back from our family vacation to TN. I am Veggie Tales fan and my daughter, who loves Elmo more, also loves Larry and Bob. I was super excited to see the Veggie Tales Show Live at Dollywood and couldn’t wait to see Janna’s expression at a huge Bob and Larry on stage. To my surprise, Janna loved the two little girls sitting behind us with sparkling princess shirts and the snacks she was eating more, and only periodically looked at the stage like “what are we doing here”. Then the Bunny song came one and a whole bunch of shadow bunnies appeared on all four walls of the theater. She started clapping and her face lit up with a huge smile. I don’t know if it was the lights moving or the bunnies, but I got the reaction I was looking for in response to something completely different than I expected.

Sometimes we have to open our eyes to God’s gifts to us; it may not be a giant cucumber right in front of our eyes. It might be just a small bunny shadow.

No comments: