Monday, November 16, 2009

Janna and Ears

Janna has been complaining about her ears but just on and off. I assumed she wanted drops or medicines like Simon and didn't think much of it.

I was wrong. On November 11th I got a call from daycare saying she was really fussy and her ears were really hurting. I picked her up and took her home. Then that afternoon I picked up Simon and took her to the doctor, Simon too. Juggle both was not easy but I did it.

Janna had and ear infection in one ear and the other ear the doctor couldn't see due to wax. The ear with the infection had the tube resting in the ear canal. The wax was hard and deep so he didn't remove it. ( At least I think that is why)So after the appointment I went looking for sweet oil for Janna's ears and we picked up the augmentium over the weekend. It took two stops and one long potty break, but we made it home in one piece.

I was so tired that night but I did survive.

Janna is feeling better. There is no fever and she is playing as normal. I still see the ear tube and I am hoping it will fall out soon.

No comments: