Thursday, March 25, 2010

Janna's burp rag

I have read that is harder for the mom to let go of the 'lovey' than the child. I think this is the case. Janna has lost her burp rag at school yesterday. She has been using it less and less and has talked about not taking it to school, but usually does in the end. It may show up at school today but she wasn't upset that is was gone. She does have a half of one she slept with last night ( the washing machine ripped it into pieces). I have to admit I am the one getting upset an angry when we can't find it because she leaves it behind. Part of me thinks it is because at bed time she will want and have a fit but that may not be the case at all. I need to let go of her "lovely" and acknowledge that my little girl is growing up. This is a lot harder than I thought.

At least Simon now has his adopted Elmo and any burp rag, so I am still have something to hold on to.

No comments: