Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ear Infections

Monday I took Simon to the doctor because I was pretty sure he had an ear infection. I ended up taking Janna too because the appointment was at the end of the day. On the way there Janna started saying her ear hurt. I wasn't sure if it was really hurting or she wanted the same attention, or if it was just wax. When we got there she told the Dr Wilson her ear hurt too and she was so nice as to look in her ears even though I only had the appointment for Simon. Yes, she had an ear infection too. Both of them had infection in the right ear. Since Simon has tubes he had to get drops too. I am so thankful for the Dr Wilson to take the extra time for Janna. I am glad that we went instead of putting it off until later. The kids were overall good at the office for me. The hard part was picking up the prescription, the cost was very expensive. My kids are more important than money, so we will do whatever it takes to make sure they are healthy. I just wish we had better health insurance with less of a monthly premium too. Both now have bubble gum flavored augmentium. Simon has drops that will last him awhile after this too.

Both kids are less cranky and sleeping good. Simon is waking up earlier than usual but I believe he is still hurting some.

Ear infections are very common is our household apparently so I don't think much of them any more. I am glad that they are treatable.

No comments: