Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pizza Snowballs

I found theses on Pinterest and Isaac made them last night. Homemade pizza rolls out of Biscuit in a can. They were wonderful. We will be making these again.

Pizza Snowballs (A Pizza Pocket Recipe Kids Can Make) – And a Post-Vacation Menu Plan

I’m writing this as we drive home from Disney World.

Before we left, we had our final picnic supper for baseball season, and the unanimously requested repeat meal was Pizza Pockets!

But it’s summer, and I was packing for our trip, and I just didn’t have it in me to make even the easy-recipe dough from scratch. So I adjusted an idea I’d heard and created a version of pizza pockets that the kids could make.

And they were wonderful!

My best friend’s kids participated in a cooking class where they made a similar recipe with turkey and cheddar cheese. (I asked if the teacher had a blog, so I could link to her, but she doesn’t.)

Pizza Snowballs

Ingredients:

Canned biscuits

Pepperoni (or cooked and crumbled Italian sausage)

Shredded mozzarella

Muffin tins

Instructions:

Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray. (It turns out this isn’t the best job for a 5yo.)

Use kitchen scissors to cut the canned biscuits into four pieces each.

Chop the pepperoni into small pieces.

Hold three to four biscuit pieces in your hands and have mama sprinkle mozzarella cheese and pepperoni on them.

Pack and squeeze it all together like a snowball.

Place into the muffin tin.

Bake at 350 for around 15-17 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.

Mmmmm.

We LOVED these. Hubby felt like the ones with less dough were better. We had been using three pieces of biscuit for each one, but then started running out of pepperoni, so we made some with four. The ones with three were better proportioned.

Some (like the ones above) looked beautiful.

Some looked delicious.

No comments: