Friday, September 2, 2011

Simon Update


Simon has been sharing so much more with us now that Janna is on the bus early and he has more one on one time with us. Or maybe he is just talking more, either way, I am loving it.

For months now we have been getting notes that he is learning sign language for colors. This week he showed us all the ones he has learned, over and over and over. It is great. Yesterday he sang a poem/song he learned today. We sang it over and over. At night he has been talking more too.

When asked about his day he will just tell you who he played with. It is nice to know he is learning too. I asked him if I could record him with his song and colors. He said no. He doesn't like the camera right now.

Isaac and I have been tired and not following through on the making him sit on the potty, maybe next week.

In the mornings if his teacher isn't there then he loves Mrs. Diane. She is the daycare's cook, it totally surprised us when he started asking for her. Simon loves her big hugs and doesn't scream when she is available. That makes the mornings better for me.

Simon still loves green and blue. He eats the same meal all the time-chicken and honey and green applesauce with sprinkles. He will eat a bagel and toast and sometimes a waffle. He does like Cheetos too. He will eat pizza crust-not the pizza.

Simon loves the books Brown Bear Brown Bear and Polar Bear Polar Bear. These are shorter than the grumpy ladybug so this is fine with me. He also loves Mouse Paint.

Simon likes to play with playdough.

Simon sleeps with a ton of stuffed animals. I don't know how he fits some nights.

Simon loves elephants!

Simon gives the best hugs and kisses. I am so thankful to have my Simon!

No comments: