Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anniversary

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted.....

On August 11th, Isaac and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. That weekend we had the opportunity to go on a date. Thanks Mom for watching the kids and thanks to the other Mom for the money towards the date:) We haven't gone out a Friday night date in a long time. We are usually too tired to even stay up late after a long week at work. This Friday we went to dinner, movie, and ice cream. We had a great time and good conversations. I got to eat all my own ice cream I didn't have to share. We weren't interrupted multiple times at dinner and we could hear each other talk and we were able to use both hands. We saw the Time Traveler's Wife. It was opening weekend but we were still both shocked when the theater at the mall was sold out. Oh well there wasn't parking there anyway. We made it to the next location and got two seats together in a crowded theater. There were a lot of teenagers out, I think we both prefer Saturday day date or at least early evening dates because it is less crowded. The kids were good for mom too.

Cute story: When I told Janna that Isaac and I were going on a date, she said she wanted to go on a date. I said okay, Daddy and Mommy will take just you out and get a sitter for Simon soon. She said no, she wanted Grandma to take her on a date and we stay home. She was so sweet.

The rest of the weekend flew by with blur as usually. We did get some down time on Sunday afternoon for a couple hours.

No comments: