Wednesday, December 7, 2011

LA Trip Day 1

Wednesday Night we drove to Cincinnati after the kids fell asleep and stayed with my parents who live close to the airport. Our flight left at 9am on Thursday.

Thursday morning we got McDonald’s breakfast (yum) on the way to the airport. The flight was on-time. We did fast park instead of parking at the airport, it worked great. We got to the gate and boarded with-in 15 minutes. The flight went well to LAX. There were tv on the seats. We watched tv shows on it, we read, and I slept for the 5 hour flight out there. We arrived at 2 our time, 11am their time.

It was sunny and awesome!

Matt and Amie picked us up. They had rented a white charger for the weekend. We had lunch at Wholefoods. Our store doesn’t have that many fresh veggies Wow! I tried Cherry Vanilla Soda, and it was good. Then we drove and stopped at Venice Beach. I chased some birds and felt the Pacific Ocean. The view was great. Seeing the mountains in the background was so neat.


Then we drove around Hollywood checking out the sites. Matt made sure I got a good picture of the Hollywood sign.

Then we headed to the hotel in Pasadena and checked in. It was a really nice hotel and room. We walked to a small pizza place for a small snack, then got wonderful mini cupcakes from Dots. They were delicious. Even Isaac loved them. Afterwards, we went to take a swim before getting ready for dinner at Mastro’s. I was shocked when we went outside to swim, in December, crazy. The pool was heated and the hot tub was nice. We cleaned up for dinner; our reservation was at 8pm.

Mastro’s was a great high class restaurant in Beverly Hills. The bathroom was fancy with an attendant. I didn’t know what to think. I asked for my steak Medium but it was too red for my taste but tender and delicious. The waiters and staff were in white tux jackets and fancy place settings. We got sides of crab gnocchi, potatoes, and broccoli. They had great pretzel bread to start us off. The salad fork and plate were brought to us chilled. There was a guy that stood just a few feet from our table that just refilled drinks in that area. I never had a dirty dish or less than a full glass of water. When the food came just the steak was on the plate and like 6 servers went around the table and put the food on the plates for us. It was crazy. Dessert was breathtaking. It was a cake with fruit and whipped topping. The atmosphere of the restaurant was neat. We were seated in the bar area so there was music and it was a bit loud, but I heard the other area was so quiet you whispered to talk. It had a really different red fire tongue chandelier when you first walked in. I didn't bring my camera with me or I would have taken a picture of it.

We then drove back to the room and crashed. It was a wonderful first day!

Friday we went to Universal Studios.

No comments: