Thursday, January 12, 2012

Summary of Christmas

Tuesday we had our little family Christmas before we left for the grandparents.

Wednesday December 21, we left for Indiana. We arrived late 10pm, with a really a rough McDonald stop with Simon. It was a big tantrum. oh my, but we made it. When we got there and settled Mom mentioned her knee hurting and by the time we went to bed was holding ice and taking pain medicine for it. She hurt it Tuesday but thought it was getting better, but I think she picked up a kid and re-injured it. She was determined to wait til morning to go to the UTC after much urging.

The next morning, Thursday December 22, mom was in terrible pain and went to the ER around 7am. The kids were excited to see each other and played all morning, then when Mom returned home on crutches and more pain medicines, we opened presents. Mom had a huge dinner planned but we vetoed the plan and ordered pizza instead. It went over great with adults and kids. Then next day we had 28 family members coming over around 1pm for Christmas. Mom was upset to say the least but we made her sit and give us a list.

Friday-December 23rd, Isaac and Christina cooked the sides, two hams, and the turkey. Aaron and I cleaned and watched the kids. Aaron took all the kids except for Simon to dunkin donuts so we could all shower and clean up the house. I think he was crazy but he said it was fine. Janna and Simon were great during the time everyone was over and I think we all did a good job of keeping on top of dishes and food, and etc. Mom had to leave for an MRI as family arrived and came back a few hours later. A traditional family walk was taken by those who could but Simon and I got left behind due to a shoe issue he was having. By evening when everyone left we had some close family time. Aaron and Christina and the kids were leaving very early to fly to OK to see her family. We planned on leaving in the morning but didn't until lunch due to cleaning up and taking things slow. I wanted to make sure mom was set and would stay still.

At some point over the time there mom was trying to get up (when she shouldn't have been) and we all turned around to find her on the ground saying help I can't get up. Now it is funny, but they we were concerned. She got better on her crutches as the time went by.

Update: it was arthritis and a possible pulled muscle and she is doing exercises and doing much better.

Saturday afternoon we got to my parents house. We had a nice Christmas Dinner with Eric and Rachel and then once the kids were in bed we when to the 11pm Christmas Eve service.

Sunday December 25th, I woke up puking and sick. I thought I was better when opening presents but I was not. I spent most of the day upstairs by myself sleeping and reading and running to the bathroom. Merry Christmas to me! Thanks to Isaac and my mom for keeping the kids. That afternoon Isaac found pepto after I am not sure how many stores and that helped a lot. I was able to come down that night and interact with the kids and see the presents more.

Monday December 26, My parents and I went to the mall and my mom got them a build a bear for their Christmas. They loved them. Then they played there, while I finished birthday shopping for Isaac. I was feeling better but not 100%. That night I was determined to go to the festival of lights. We were directed to the three parking lot on a not so nice side street. Then at some point Simon had to do potty. That was fun running to find a restroom from a back entrance of the zoo and a differnt parking lot. He made it though. It was so crowded and I got very tired half way through but it was beautiful. Next year I want to go before Christmas.

Tuesday December 27th, Isaac and I went on an Ikea date, while mom and Eric and Rachel took kids to the Cincinnati Children’s museum. The kids had a blast and so did we. We had dinner together.

Wednesday December 28th, we went back home to find room to put all the presents. I am so amazed at all the stuff Isaac crammed into the van. Wow! I have a great husband.

Thursday December 29th, we had a play date with Ian and Grady. The kids had fun.

Friday December 30th, we played at home.

Monday the kids had school but I was off work. I made it a me day. I scrapbooked and watched chick flicks and read magazines and slept until 10:30 after dropping the kids off. It was a wonderful day.

Tuesday I had to go back to work and face my email and phone calls.

No comments: