Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh the fun

Last week was a busy and hard for me. Monday we had the Mickshl family over for dinner and it was fun and nice as usually but that means a late night for the kids and harder to get them to sleep. Then Wednesday a group of us took Dr. Noble out for dinner. Dr. Noble is Isaac's Mentor for his PhD. The family was invited, Dr. Noble loves children and our kids just love him. We went to applebee's. The food was slow coming but it was a great time. The kids were really well behaved. I had brought the i-pods to help. But at 8:15 ish they had reached their limit and lucky we were leaving. Simon threw and embarrassing fit in the parking lot and screamed and kicked Dr. Noble's seat. I felt awful. He assured me it was okay and he has a three year old grandson. I told me, I know he understands but I like to keep up the appearance that we have it all together even if we don't. Simon eventually calmed down when half way home. Janna mentioned her eye hurt, we just thought an eye last got in it and looked at it at home before bed.
Thursday she woke up with a bright pink eye. When I told the bus monitor she said the girl she sits next too had it last week. Oh wonderful.



The above it how Janna drew her pink eye.
Simon has been having issues at drop off and is very attached to me, since I was going to be home I just kept him home too. Isaac left mid-day for WTS in Nashville, TN. I got an early eye appointment for Janna. She is taking all my bucket money, this is her fourth appointment since January, but lucky her first missed day of school. Dr M. told us she had a bacteria infection in her eye and got me a prescription for gel for her eye. She was not to go back to school until it was all clear. We all made the trip to get the medicine, then home. Simon was a "bear" at the office and the store. To help me make it through, I bought donuts for me and for the kids. Yeah I am the awesome mom that gives donuts for lunch. Once home we watched movies then naps. They did eventually fall asleep. I have no idea what we did later that day, but after nap Janna was very upset about not going to school or daycare and was so sad. I am pretty sure I Lysol and Clorox wiped, and did multiple loads of laundry. Simon was just grumpy. We had spaghetti for dinner and then bed. I had my girls bible study over that night and we had lots to talk about so it went late.
I went to bed praying Janna's eye would be all clear. It was better but not all clear. She was so sad not to go to school. I did take Simon to school though. Janna and I did some girl time, we painted our nails and hung out. She was bored without Simon and kept asking when we would get him. I think she wanted to see her friends. A huge storm was coming so I was watching the news a lot mid-morning. School ended leaving early due to tornado weather, so lucky Janna didn't miss her party at school. I had wanted to go do some shopping and to get my migraine medicine and other stuff that mid-day but the storm warnings were looking bad and I was told to stay home, although it looked fine outside. At 1pm I got the call from the daycare to come get Simon, they were closing early too. I started to worry, home alone with the kids, and a tornado coming. Oh great. I packed a bag of necessities. When we got Simon it was really hot outside. Even Walmart closed, you know the storm is bad when that happens. For about 3 hours we hung out a home while I was glued to anything about the weather and constantly checking face book to see when we needed to find shelter. The kids played great on the computer and watched movies. Around 4 or 5 the tornado sirens went off and the sky got very dark, so we all headed to my work for shelter. The kids were very worried about leaving Molly and Daddy who also was surrounded by storms. We hung out in the class room until about 7ish, eating snacks, playing on the leap pad, and making new friends. Once everyone cleared out and the weather was clearing we headed home. I made frozen pizza for dinner and put them to bed.

This a picture of a surrounding area, there are many more out there like this. It was a big storm, and we were blessed to just get sirons and a thunder storm.

Saturday was a long day, Janna woke up with her other eye infected so I didn't feel comfortable going out, so it wouldn't spread to others. I woke up with a migrane and took my last pill. Simon cuddled with me in the morning and that was really nice. I did more laundry and cleaning. We played a lot. We took a walk but it was very cold out so we didn't play at the playground long. I attempted naps but it didn't work at all and I was at the end of rope with the fighting and whining. I closed myself in my room and layed down, when I was calm, I came out and the kids had set up picnic for me complete with stuffed animal friends. Isaac came home around 5ish and we had dinner together. Then I got to leave the house. YEAH! for a girls movie and snack night at church. It was really nice to spend time with friends.

Sunday, Janna's eye was a lot better but had just a little pink in it, so I stayed home with the kids while Isaac went to church. Janna went grocery shopping with Isaac and I played with Simon. It was a good day.

Monday, Janna's eye was all better, ready to go to school, then I look out the window to a pile of snow. I check online and it was a snow day. Luckily the daycare is open so she got to see her friends. I got to go back to work and play catch up.

Tuesday back to school and normal. yeah!

The weather has been crazy from tornadoes to snow days to beautiful Spring days on Tuesday. Throw in pink eye and toddlers, and the fun begins.

No comments: