Monday, June 2, 2008

Moving Up

This morning I took Janna to school and we went to her new classroom and she was excited. Her name was on the floor of where to line up by the door and she had a hook for a jacket and cuby for nap supplies. Then I went to take her to cafeteria to wait until the teacher came. Her friends Ben and Nate were there. She got upset when we didn't see Chrystal and started calling her name. Then Michelle came in and so did the new teacher. For the first day of transition, the children go to the new classroom but with the old teacher then the next day they get the new teacher. This should help children adjust. Chrystal's sub for the morning was sick so she wasn't in the new room with them yet. I was able to hand Janna off to Chrystal today but I know that tomorrow will be hard on her.
When I pick her up after work we will see how she did today. I will keep you updated.

No comments: