Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend

Isaac went on a trip with his friend Matt this past week. He left on Wednesday during the day.
The kids and I did well on Wednesday, after school,we rode bikes, picked flowers, and ran around outside. Then I made a frozen pizza. Janna ate two piece. Wow! They fought be a little at bed time but did well overall. They were quiet by 9pm and I watch America's Next Top Model that I recorded.

Thursday morning Simon had a meltdown because I put him in a shirt he didn't like. It said "My favorite color is dirt". He thought it was yucky as he put it. Once at school I changed him into a different shirt and he was calm. Still clingy but calm. That night we met Tony and Melissa at Olive Garden for dinner. The kids were well behaved overall. Janna didn't eat as much as usual though. I did get a good chance to talk and had a great time. Simon did want to go home and threw a monster fit when I was putting him in the car seat. Part of the way on the road I noticed him getting out of his seat and had to pull into a parking lot "correct the situation". I got them to bed late but they were mostly quiet by 9pm and I got to watch Nakita.

Friday morning both kids did great, running in without looking back. Grandma was at our house when we got home from work/school. We had dinner and played then went to bed. Saturday we went to the Mall and Janna played in the play area, then we had lunch at the food court. Then we went shoe shopping. I found a great pair of black sandals and Simon got light up Cars shoes. On the way home we stopped by the grocery store. Once home Simon napped, Janna and Grandma made cookies. My mom made lasagna for dinner. For dessert we went to Brusters for ice cream. Janna got her grasshopper ice cream and I got birthday cake. It was very cold but we promised her grasshopper ice cream. Then we did bath and then bed time routine.

Sunday I got to sleep in. It was very nice. We played outside, rode bikes, etc then we had lunch at Craker Barrell. It was delicious. Then Simon napped while us girls cleaned the car and did some yard work. When Simon woke up they played in the water table. Grandma left after dinner then I put them to bed. It took awhile for Simon but Janna crashed.

Hightlights: The kids loved holding and playing with the worms while worked outside. They giggled and laughed so much. Janna love her chicken that lays eggs/bubble gum that she got as a treat from Cracker Barrel. Simon whenever upset screamed for Daddy. When asked if he wanted Daddy to hold him he said no, just want him home. He likes to know he is in the house. Thank you mom for the great weekend!

Isaac got home around 11:30 pm. The kids were very excited to see him. Their faces this morning where so joyful.

No comments: