Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"The babies took it"

Last Janna was screaming in bed because she didn't want to sleep or wanted me in the room, or ect... Once she calmed down I went in and explained how if she didn't scream or cry I could come in and help. She told me she was still crying. I asked are you sad, "yes" she answered "I want my paci. The babies took it". It broke my heart. I wanted so badly to pull out a paci for her but I didn't. I explained she was a big girl and found the kooky pen / baby we bought at the store. It worked as a substitute. We have not been saying anything about her paci but apparently she still remembers and wants it. Although it was a fight, she did fall asleep without her paci, even though she was sad.
Sometimes it is tough growing up to be a big girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And your heart will break with every pain your children feel. I'm proud of you for not giving in. You are doing a great job.