Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Community

So in Sunday School this weekend the importance of community was brought up. It brought up a lot of emotion and friends were thanking other for their support during tough times. They talked about when they move how hard it would be leaving this community.


On the way home Isaac and talked about this. We have never felt like part of a community. This group is coming close and we are really enjoying getting to know everyone. We hope to become part of this "family"/ community. Out of all the places we have lived we have never felt this. We have made a friendship or two in a town but never had a hard time leaving. We loved the Mt. Zion community and thought that was suppose be how it was, but we are learning that was just the beginning. We are/ were good friends with them but I don't think there was a strong connection like we thought. I miss a few families just as in the towns we lived in before.


Isaac and I have learned to rely on each other for the trust, love, and support that we need. It makes me think I need to learn to be nicer to him when I am upset, etc... because he is my support. I hope that this new young adult group will grow into a community we can trust and love.

No comments: