Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day

Isaac and I had a great Valentines Day. Mom and Dad came down to watch the kids for us. We walked around the Mall and shared a pretzel. It was very relaxing. I haven't been to the mall without kids since Janna was born. It was a very different experience.
Then we went ice skating. I have wanted to go ice skating for over 7 years but Isaac has never wanted to. We had a blast. I think Isaac has more fun than me. I got tired sooner and hungry too. I miss my skates which I outgrew when I became pregnant, so I had to rent skates. Neither one of us fell. We had a good time and got some exercise too. It brought back many memories of High School when I use to go every weekend with my best friend.
After ice skating we went to Panera bread for dinner. It was empty even though it was dinner time on valentines day. The food was great and we had a good time just being able to just talk to each other or sit in silence.
Then we went to the book store to walk around. After that we got coffee and dessert from Starbucks. It was a great end to the date.
Mom and Dad had fun with the kids and we got to go out.
I have really enjoying doing activities instead of buying gifts. Our gift is the time we give each other.

No comments: