Wednesday, June 10, 2009

God little creatures

I hope that God makes extra worms, ladybugs, etc for all the kids including mine who don't intend to harm them but do.

Janna loves lady bugs still but we haven't found any one yet so ladybugs beware. We have a cute turtle cage for you ready and waiting. They usually die at the loving hands of Janna petting and playing with them but maybe they will last long in a cage. We will see.

Last night the kids and I found a worm on the sidewalk. I pointed this out to Janna and I wasn't sure how she would react. She loved it. She picked him up and petted him and talked about how he squirmed and moved. She talked about how God made him and not people ( a lesson they are talking about at school). She asked a couple of time to bring the worm inside but I told her he had to stay outside in the dirt. Then she showed Simon who was really excited and tried to reach out but I distracted him away this time so that he wouldn't be too rough. Well she showed him again how he was slimy and Simon reached out with his strong hand and ripped him into two pieces. Janna reacted well. She said No to Simon very sternly and told me Simon broke him, so we buried him the dirt and I said hopefully overnight once he sleeps he will feel better and grow bigger again. I know that worms to do have this ability, what I am worried about is that prior to Simon breaking him, he wasn't moving much probably due to all the stretching and extra love. Before bed she asked me to pray for the worm that he would get better.

This morning we saw a bunny rabbit in the neighbor's yard. As it ran off she asked to pet a bunny rabbit. Isaac mentioned the zoo and we could pet animals there. So the whole way to school she talked about petting a PINK bunny at the zoo. I tried telling her that bunny's usually aren't pink like her stuffed animal ones, but I don't think she got it.

So God I hope that you make extra creatures and protect them from children like mine that are out exploring all the stuff you made for us to enjoy.

No comments: