Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A sweet but sad post

A friend of ours at church, Liz, her mom has been fighting cancer but a last week she was getting worse and given a couple months to live but that couple month turned to a couple weeks fast. Janna and I made card for Liz to lift her spirits while she spent this time with mom. Janna wrote lots of little circle and lines and told me it said I love Liz. I explained to her that her mom was sick and this card would make her happy. So I thought that was it, then Sunday when getting ready for church Janna told me she wanted to sit next her friend and give her the card. Now Friday I found out that Liz's mom past away and they were making arrangements. I explained to Janna with tears in my eyes that Liz wasn't going to be in church because she was with her mom and that I mailed the card to her. Janna was okay with this and we went on with our morning.

We have delivered meals and treats to though who need an extra hand and given paci and old toys to babies/kids who need them. I hope to teach Janna the good that we can spread and how we can show God's love.

Janna has a big loving heart like her Daddy and I can see her doing great thing when she is older.

No comments: