Monday, June 22, 2009

My Birthday

I had a great birthday weekend. Saturday morning I went yard saleing with Janna, while Isaac and Simon slept. Janna likes to wake up at 6:30 every Saturday, oh the fun. I got some great stuff though. I got got two plastic flower mirrors, a butterfly picture holder board, strawberry shortcake towel, and a barbie blanket. Janna loves this blanket. It cost 50 cents and she didn't let go of it all weekend. I had no idea she would like it that much. I just got it for school since she always has some random blanket for nap. She took it in this morning so I think she knows it stays there but we will see. At the first place it was one of Janna's friends from school so she went inside and watched scoobydoo with her and played while I looked around. Then we got a JayJay movie and Hermie and Wormie book from another house. I have great intentions to find a good boy /neutral decorations but oh well. It is a cute girlly room with Simon's toys and clothes included, while he sleeps in the study. It works for now.

Then Mom and Dad Hopper came over and watched the kids and even gave them both a nap while Isaac and I went to O'Charley's for lunch and then to the movies. I even got to go to Hobby Lobby (with no kids!) while Isaac picked up some groceries. We grilled out steaks and had my favorite hashbrown casserole for dinner. Then we got to have my huge cookie cake Isaac got for my birthday.

Isaac and Dad enjoyed their Father's Day gifts. Janna picked out a fun card that sang that Isaac and her loved. We bought Isaac a green tie since he lost his. We mailed my Dad his gift since we weren't going to see him.

My parents got me a zoo pass for the family. I am really looking forward to going up there. It is nice knowing if it is hot or Janna is tired we can just go home and come back later I don't have to feel bad about wasting the money. Plus we can go to the festival light with the pass.

Mom and Dad Hopper got me a ton of Bath and Bodyworks and a old navy gift card. Yeah shopping with out questioning my purchase and how much I am spending.

Sunday we went to church, Janna refused to go into the little classroom when the pre-K one was closed so she stayed with us , which stress me out a bit but oh well. Then we went to Eric and Rachel's new house. It was a beautiful house. Janna loved to run around in circles over and over. They bought me a delicious cake and ice cream. Janna loved the ice cream. They got me pj's and a family picture from their wedding that I wanted framed. I love this picture. Janna got Rachel and Eric at different times to crawl around the house pretending to be kitty cats. It was fun to watch. Isaac played Wii with Eric and Rachel and loved it, while I hung out and played with Simon. It was a fun day.

That night I opened Isaac's gifts, I got High School Musical 3 and pj's. I love them both. He did a good job this year.

One cool thing, I love my job, which I know most people can't say. My boss texted me on my birthday, saying "Happy Birthday. I appreciate you." I think it is so cool to have boss like that.

The sweetest thing about my birthday is when Janna gave me my big hug good night, she said "happy birthday Mommy" then sang Happy birthday to me, while hugging me . What more could I ask for.

We ended the night, Isaac and I watching my movie before I got too tired and went to bed.

It was a great day. It is still hard to believe I am 29.

No comments: