Friday, June 5, 2009

Vacation

We had a great time in Sanibel Island with my parents. The kids loved the beach and the pool.
There was great weather. The flights went well. Janna had her normal stubborn moments and meltdowns but overall was really well behaved. In the morning and afternoon we went out for a couple hours, first to the beach and then to the pool. We did really well with sunscreen by the end of the trip we were still very white. Well, my Dad's back was sunburned. A funny Dad story, I am not sure what he packed but somehow he forgot a lot of stuff, the big thing he forgot was shorts. He only had pants. We were going to Florida, sillly Dad. He ended up buying a pair of short on the last day. We enjoyed the small shops and restaurants during the heat of day. There were a lot of shells on the beach, we even managed to get some home in our overly stuffed suitcases. It is amazing how much stuff we brought and used most of it. I squeezed in a pool float for Simon and I am so glad I did, he loved it. I wish Isaac could have been there but I know he is having fun in England. I am looking forward to him coming home Sunday. The view was awesome and I loved the smell of the ocean. Now back to life and work. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks for the vacation mom and dad. We all had a great time.

No comments: