Friday, January 21, 2011

Burp Rag

I read a post the other day on her child's favorite bear. The items that a child carries around non-stop. I realized I have never written about the ones in our family. If you know Janna at all you know all about her "burp rag", but I thought it would be nice to document it.

Janna has a burp-rag (also know as stink rag according to my mom). They don’t make this kind anymore and if they there was she would be a notice the difference. We use to have two until the day I washed one because it was left outside buried under mulch at her school’s playground. I used too much bleach and it ripped. So we do have a ½ a burp rag as a back up. But I am also not allowed to put her big in the washer. I don’t blame her. She also has a bunny bear. It is a baby toy that is a pink bunny with a rattle in it. She won it at the fall fest at her daycare when she was two. We can always hear her coming. It is a small sound but when she is suppose to be sleeping we can hear her rattling as she plays. I am not sure where the bear part came from. They are both in sad shape like a toy that has been loved for over three years and dragged everywhere. We do check every time we leave somewhere…Janna, burp rag, bunny bear, we can go now. One day I left them at home when making a quick trip to the store…Big mistake. When upset or tired these two items calm her down. When mad or hurt these two give her comfort. She has to have them to sleep. Kitty often joins her at bed time but she is not mandatory. Burp rag is starting to get holes and I know it won’t last forever. At one point she was doing well not needing it when she lost it at school, I was the one upset. Once found it got loved on twice as much. At some point these two items (or what is left of them) will go in a special box as a great memory of the comfort they gave my baby girl, but for now they will anywhere Janna goes.

I found this picture of Janna where she is 1 year old holding her burg rag. I am shocked at how white and clean it looks.

Simon has a silky grasshopper mini blanket and a thick burp rag with a car. They are not as loved but I expect them to be in a couple year. He also loves his big silky white and yellow blanket.

If there was a fire what you would you grab…my answer has changed from before kids. I would get my family and if time, I would grab these precious items.

No comments: